Jones of the Nile

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Melted from the best stuff on Earth

How come things like this don't happen in my hometown?

Snapple was trying to set a new record for the "World's Biggest Popsicle" this past week, when, much to the dismay of Snapple, the giant, 25' tall, 17.5 ton popsicle melted all over Union Square in downtown Manhattan. The liquid - kiwi-strawberry flavored - sent sugary goo all over the streets of Manhattan, sending pedestrians running and causing a bunch of people to slip and fall.

The only thing I can think of in response to this is: Teehee!

I would have loved to have been there. Not surprisingly, Snapple has said that they have no plans to challenge the record again - set by a company in Holland in the 1990s. Of course, the Holland company had the sense to build their popsicle in the Fall...you know, when it's actually kind of chilly outside. I have to wonder if the genius who convinced Snapple to build their popsicle on the first day of summer still has a job. I assume this person wasn't "Wendy the Snapple Lady," pictured above, featured in all those commercials during my high school years. Poor Wendy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home