Jones of the Nile

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Hot Caramel

No, hot caramel isn't what I had at Dairy Queen the other night, nor is it something I use for foreplay in the bedroom. (Oh, the stickiness!) Nope, it's a new band starring the 1980s Flashdance...What a Feeling diva, Irene Cara! How exciting! You can meet all her band members, and get up to speed on how Irene Cara is doing by clicking here.

Personally, I have no idea what they sound like, and I don't really care, because the fun part is the pun! Irene Cara, Hot Caramel. Now that's delicious!

It got me thinking - what if other pop superstars from the 1980s reinvented themselves to become delicacies? I can see it now...
  1. Simply Red Cabbage

  2. Donna Summer Squash

  3. Great White Potatoes

  4. Debbie Giblets
And I barely made it out of the produce department!

3 Comments:

  • Not sure if non-LJ people have seen this, but your excellent rethinking of 80s bands reminded me of this excellent rethinking of an 80s classic (which inspired many imitators).

    Simply Red Cabbage is totally my new favorite band.

    By Blogger Laura, at 6:56 PM  

  • That's hilarious. "Debbie Giblets."

    And that link from Laura's comment is HILARIOUS.

    By Blogger Mags, at 10:56 PM  

  • mags, if you dig that, you should check out its originator's comic: dinosaur comics. It's basically my favorite thing on the entire internet.

    By Blogger Laura, at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home