Jones of the Nile

Friday, June 10, 2005

You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind

Oh, you know it's going to be a good day when you start off your blog entry with a direct quote from "The Safety Dance." For the life of me, I can't remember if it's Men With Hats or Men Without Hats that sang that. I'm leaning toward 'without.'

Anyway, I've been watching this "Dancing with the Stars" show on ABC, hosted by the guy from Hollywood Squares. I thought this thing was going to be awful. I mean, I'm as judgmental as they come when we're talking about reality television (if it's not "The Amazing Race," then I don't want to watch it!). But this show is like a car accident, or a Clay Aiken TV concert...I can't take my eyes away from it, even though I know I should. But, as Dana Stevens writes today in Slate it seems like this guilty pleasure is actually winning over converts at a brisk pace. Who knew watching B-list celebrities (except for Joey McIntire, but I only hold him up to appease a friend who had a lunch box with his picture on it) cha-cha-cha could be so...well, enjoyable?

1 Comments:

  • Thank you for getting that damn song into my head now. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

    And it's "Men Without Hats."

    By Blogger Mags, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home