Jones of the Nile

Friday, June 17, 2005

Onward Christian Batman

With the rest of the nerds in Erie, Pennsylvania on Wednesday, I went and saw "Batman Begins" on opening night. The late show, too, which seemed especially nerd-laden. I'm not entirely sure, but I think there were people in the back row playing Stratego during the previews.

Though it took a half hour to get into, this is the best Batman movie of them all. And though Michael Keaton is still the best Batman, Christian Bale was pretty darn good. He was a good choice to 'revive the franchise,' so to speak, though it's a shame the casting directors didn't take my suggestion: John Goodman. *sigh*

So I give it three out of four stars. Or since I'm in Erie, home of Lake Erie perch, three out of four perch. The last perch I will let go back into the wild, where it can romp in the e coli filled waters of Lake Erie.

Hope you all have a grand weekend, free of any references to Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise.

1 Comments:

  • "Stratego."

    You fucking kill me. I love it.

    By Blogger Mags, at 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home