Jones of the Nile

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wal-Mart gives me the Willies

But too bad they don't give me the pot-smoking, marijuana leaf Willies.

Wal-Mart is going to alter the album cover of Willie Nelson's forthcoming album, Countryman, by changing the marijuana leaf that's featured on the cover, to a palm tree. A palm tree! I mean, not only can you not smoke it, but they don't even grow in the country! Granted, this is a reggae album (Willie Nelson and reggae?!), but it still seems hokey.

Here's the article from Yahoo! News that gives more details. This reminds me of the time Wal-Mart banned an album by Sheryl Crow because a lyric in one of the songs made reference to people buying guns at Wal-Mart.

So if I have this straight by Wal-Mart standards: Cheap pickles = good / Marijuana = bad. Selling guns to people = good / writing lyrics mentioning that we sell guns to people = bad.

1 Comments:

  • Wal-Mart is WACK!

    As wack as I assume W. Nelson's "reggae" album to be, mon.

    By Blogger Mags, at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home