Jones of the Nile

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Improv Redeux

Most of my friends know that I once took an improv acting class at Second City, the landmark improv stomping ground of folks like Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Dan Aykroyd, Gilda Radner, John Candy. At the time Second City had a theater in Cleveland, which unfortunately has since closed.

It's been like seven years (My God...the 20s go by so flippin' fast!), but this morning I just signed up for an improv comedy sketch writing class at Improv Boston. I start next month, which gives me a few weeks to work out the nerves and anxieties of having to write weekly AND be funny.

2 Comments:

  • Congrats, Jonsey. Make sure you work in that "white isthmus" pun somewhere in there. They'll LOVE that.

    ;-)

    By Blogger Mags, at 11:26 AM  

  • If anyone on this Earth has genius it's the stand-up comics among us. Fear? Sky-divers would quake in their jumpsuits at the thought. What a beautiful, zen kinda thing if you can overcome that and open a vein on-stage and just let it flow. I salute you!

    By Blogger BroderWriter, at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home