Jones of the Nile

Monday, June 11, 2007

J'Lem Curses

Check out this headline from the Jerusalem Post: Rabbis curse J'Lem gay parade

J'Lem? I find this curious. Earlier this year a few coworkers of mine started to refer to Johannesburg, South Africa as Jo-Burg. And now J'Lem. Has it become trendy to shorten the names of international cities that begin with the letter J? Let's see...there's Jakarta (J-Kar?). Juba (J-Ba??). Jacareacanga (J-Anga?). OK, I googled that one...but come on, how could I pass up the opportunity to say J-Anga! It would be the only international city synonymous with a board game!

I digress. So conservative Rabbis have placed a pox upon the house of gay. From the curse...

"To all those involved, sinners in spirit, and whoever helps and protects them, may they feel a curse on their souls, may it plague them and may evil pursue them; they will not be requitted of their transgressions from heavenly judgment."

This seriously harshes my mellow. Nothing like a little evil pursuing your soul to make you a bit agoraphobic. Anyone know what kind of car evil drives?

Luckily I belong to the religion of Cher (see Moonstruck) and the Boston Red Sox, so curses don't particularly frighten me.

In other wonderful news, Stones, Tear Gas Mark Gay Pride Rally in Bucharest, Romania, Gay Rights Rally Held in Latvia Amidst Massive Police Presence, and Boy Killed Himself on Train Track After Gay Bullying. Shit, and you want to place an evil curse on our people? Just turn on the damn television.

2 Comments:

  • What? I thought the Jews were gay friendly, and that it was the "Christians" who were not-so-much?

    By Blogger Mags, at 7:24 PM  

  • Hey, I'll have to send this post along to the Might Red Pen. I think she'd get a kick out of it, and especially since she is all about JLo.

    By Blogger Frida, at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home