Jones of the Nile

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Geena Davis is not Hillary Clinton

Between you and me, I might prefer Geena Davis in office!

But nonetheless, leave it to the folks at Focus on the Family to draw parallels between Geena Davis' character on "Commander-in-Chief" and Sen. Hillary Clinton. But they don't draw the line at parallels...nope, they actually think Geena Davis' character's name (Mackenzie Allen) sounds subliminally like "Hillary Clinton." And this is AP reporting.

Here's the excerpt (also available on The Washington Monthly's Web site):


    James Dobson's Focus on the Family, in its daily alert to supporters, said yesterday that Geena Davis's character name, Mackenzie Allen, "sounds remarkably, poetically like" Hillary Clinton, which apparently is proof that the show is conspiring to help HRC in 2008.

I'm no linguist, nor do I play one on tv. Sure, I'd pretend to be one to sleep with someone, or I'd pretend I'm having dinner with a linguist to get out of talking to my parents on the phone. But I don't think it takes a linguist to see that Mackenzie Allen doesn't sound remotely close to Hillary Clinton. That's like saying Jesus Christ sounds like George Bush.

Which I'm sure a lot of people might agree with...but I digress. One other thing...do you like how Focus on the Family refers to Hillary Clinton as "HRC"? Ah, the power this woman holds over these nut jobs.

1 Comments:

  • This, coming from the silly old man who also thought Spongebob Squarepants was gay.

    By Blogger Mags, at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home