Jones of the Nile

Friday, September 30, 2005

Nine days of abstinence

It's been nine days since I've had the chance to put anything on the Nile! Sorry about that, folks. I forgot to mention that I was heading to Washington, D.C. for the big anti-war mobilizations this past weekend, and I've been playing catch-up since I returned. I'll have some reflections on this past weekend's events, in particular the faith-based angles that took shape. My favorite line from the weekend came from Rev. Dr. Rita Nakashima Brock, with Faith Voices for the Common Good. At an interfaith tent revival, she got up on stage, pointed directly to the White House, and belted out, "They may be the right wing...but we're the rest of the bird!" Amusing.

For those who so desire, you can check out this article from Catholic News Service, which features quotes from me! Teehee...I never get over the fact that I was once a reporter-in-training, and now get interviewed by the same people who would have been my colleagues. I'm kind of glad. I don't think I have the stomach for reporting. I'd just rather blog and write about the spirit.

I'll leave you this Friday with a quote that I found quite moving, from Teilhard de Chardin. I consider him a mystic, and an overall cool dude.

"Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire."

Preach it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home