Jones of the Nile

Saturday, September 17, 2005

They Agree She Has an Image Problem

Much to my disbelief, Republicans in Florida are actually admitting that Rep. Katherine Harris has an image problem. Harris was made famous for burning and/or swallowing enough Al Gore votes in 2000 to give Florida, and hence the world and several deserts in the Middle East, to George W. Bush. She's since been elected to Congress by the fine people of Central Florida, and has just launched her campaign for Senate, to try and knock-off Democratic Senator Bill Nelson.

An image problem...sheesh, you ain't kidding! I don't think there's enough botox in the world! It's like Wendy Malick gone horribly bad.

But I digress...I shouldn't be so shallow. My mother taught me to be fair to election-stealing, attention-grabbing, power-hungry nutballs. Oddly enough, this article says some Republicans describe Harris as "as a flirty, vacant, beauty-queen wannabe."

If this is their definition of a beauty queen, however, I'd hate to see what they call UGLY.

Seriously, though...you people in Florida need to wake up and smell the Revlon. I can't think of anyone who deserves a Senate seat less than Katherine Harris. Or wait...maybe I can. How about Tom Coburn, who's actually in the Senate right now. Check out this piece from Nation columnist Max Blumenthal, that talks about how Sen. Coburn - who sits on the judiciary committee in the Senate - was doing crossword puzzles during the confirmation hearings for John Roberts!

It's nice to know that our country is in such capable hands sometimes. Hehe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home