Jones of the Nile

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Bubble-licious

So the town I live in, Erie PA (truly the only part of Pennsylvania that can be considered Midwest!) just got its first place that serves "Bubble Tea." It's this trendy cafe called Moonsense. I've been there three times this week, sucking down bubble tea, and waiting patiently for them to feature as the soup du jour their "Tomato-Pumpkin Bisque." Mmmmmm....

Anyway, while pounding down my bubble tea, I came across a Rumi poem that starts out:

"Out beyond ideas
of rightdoing and wrongdoing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there."


What a great thing to read on a warm, Springtime Saturday afternoon. A reminder of the bigger picture, so to speak, that there is something more to this world than the wars, genocide, corrupt politicians, or whatever else we'll see or read about in the news this weekend.

I wonder if this field serves bubble tea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home