Jones of the Nile

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hungry?

If so, you should totally check out this new chain of restaurants that opened up, serving a menu for cannibals.

Yeah, I don't know much about it, but I hear that eating there will cost you an arm and a leg.

*groan*

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I won't write a very detailed blog entry today. Why read my writing when you can read this article from Joan Chittister, that talks about one of the most astounding things to happen in the country in my recent memory: the Amish school shooting.

As Sr. Joan points out, the most shocking piece of news about this story isn't necessarily the violence (we can get that from any video game or movie from Netflix). The most shocking thing is the unlimited forgiveness that the Amish community offered the perpetrator, and the perp's family. A lot of people trash talk this kind of unending forgiveness. I'd like to hold it up.

So check out Joan's writing, and thanks for putting up with my once-weekly posts. I will try to be more frequent in the coming days.

3 Comments:

  • Mike,

    Not to sound like a stalker, but I think I was at Starbucks (Mass ave. & Shepard) this afternoon while you were writting this post. As I was walking out, I couldn't help but notice the 'blogger' logo and the title of your blog 'Jones of the Nile' at the top of your screen.
    Kind of random and cool.

    Anyway, have a good day.

    By Blogger Dave, at 4:00 PM  

  • Oh no! You've outed me as being at Starbucks, which is certainly to rile my friends who prefer Peet's.

    Just kidding. I don't really remember seeing anybody staring at my laptop, except for the woman that was sitting next to me for a while. She was pretending to read the Boston Globe, but she kept reading my emails.

    Anyway, have a good one!

    By Blogger MikeJ, at 8:19 PM  

  • Mike - I was also astounded by the level of forgiveness that the Amish people displayed after that massacre. It's totally eye-opening. If only more of us could follow their lead.

    I'm not holding against you the fact that you were at SBUX, by the way. Only because I think it's pretty cool someone recognized you from your blog. I want fans, dammit.

    By Blogger Mags, at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home