Jones of the Nile

Monday, August 07, 2006

Reignited, and it feels so good

Neil Simon – not to be confused with Neil Diamond – once said that writing is “like striking a match. Sometimes it lights.” For the past six months, you might have noticed that there hasn’t been much fire on this blog. Perhaps every good writer needs to take a break once in a while to recycle and renew.

Or maybe blogs aren’t meant for the lazy and inconsistent, but instead for the partisan!

But after six months, I’d like to give this another crack. Same bat time, same bat channel, only this time I hope to be driven more by a personal desire to write, as opposed to being driven by a need to fill downtime at work.

Speaking of work, I’m no longer employed by the Catholic peace movement. As most folks know by now, I have taken a job as the communications coordinator for an ivy league school…somewhere in Massachusetts (hint hint).

I look forward to updating this blog more frequently now…if not daily, then every other day. And if not every other day, then at least once a week. And if not once a week…well, then maybe I’ll reassess whether the blogs get left to the pundits!

2 Comments:

  • Yay! You're back! I've missed you. Seriously. But then again, I'm always missing you!

    By Blogger Mags, at 1:25 AM  

  • Welcome back, DAD!

    By Blogger Frida, at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home