Jones of the Nile

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Useless fact of the day

Work has been noodles this past week for me, which is why I've been delinquent on updating my blog.

First, a useless fact:

To keep cool, Ostriches urinate on their legs; it then evaporates like sweat.

DO NOT think that this works on humans. Trust me, it doesn't.

Anyway, that tidbit of trivia is from Useless Fact of the Day which is a list serve I joined the day I started working at my current employer. Here's to worker productivity!

2 Comments:

  • What does it mean for something to be "noodles"?

    Oh, and P.S. it's so good to know that urine is helpful for so many things: jellyfish stings and overheating.

    By Blogger Mags, at 5:31 PM  

  • Noodles is the same as 'nuts,' but I've been trying to expand the number of food words I use as metaphors. Hence noodles. Next time I'll say bananas. After that, probably Kashi.

    By Blogger MikeJ, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home