Jones of the Nile

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Calming

I haven't had a chance yet to share with many of you an article that I had published on December 2 - a day that commemorated the 25th anniversary of the murder of four U.S. churchwomen in El Salvador. The article was published on www.commondreams.org, one of my favorite sites, if for the fact that it annoys conservative columnist Michelle Malkin.

You can check out the article here.

It's been a long week, on top of an already long month. As I get ready to break for the holidays, here's a reflection from Guerillas of Grace asking for calm. Which is exactly what we need after brutal periods of storm.

Now,
O God,
calm me into a quietness
that heals
and listens,
and molds my longings
and passions,
my wounds
and wonderings
into a more holy
and human
shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home