Jones of the Nile

Friday, August 19, 2005

'The Lowest Point in My Life'

If I had to give just one low point, I'd say the time I made my mother cry for calling her nothing more than a lunch lady. Ugh. I still feel so ashamed! And it wouldn't have been so bad if I would have been like 12 years old when I said it...but I was 22, and I saw her whole frame crush in front of me.

Of course, that's not as bad as Col. Lawrence Wilkerson's 'lowest point,' as reported by CNN. He helped lie us into the war in Iraq, and now he feels guilty...at least according to his testimony in a future CNN special report, "Dead Wrong - Inside an Intelligence Meltdown."

It's an interesting read, because it gives context for just how much of a tool former Secretary of State Colin Powell was. But sorry, just because you realize you made a mistake, Col. Wilkerson, doesn't absolve you of your accountability for helping create the disaster in the desert. Thanks for coming forward, but I hope you're prepared to help get us out of this bloody mess.

Speaking of getting us out, hope you got a chance to see Sen. Russ Feingold's comments about withdrawing the troops from Iraq. If you haven't, you can check them out here. Finally, someone in the Senate willing to speak up. There's rumors that Sen. Feingold may run for Prez in 2008...one could only hope so. He may have the progressive goods and the juice that Dr. Dean ran out of in '04.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home