Jones of the Nile

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Breed to be wild

I'm in the middle of a week-long series of staff meetings (quick, everyone give a collective sigh!), so I haven't been posting much at all. Darn this crazy month of August, with it's conferences, retreats, meetings, and celebration of the birth of Elvis Presley (or is it his death? I can never remember...).

So two quick things...first, since I'm in 'work-mode', here's a link where you can find out your "Business Sign." Screw the Zodiac and it's Scorpio-hating ways! (I think the other signs hate us because we can kill you with one swat of our tail...) (Do you hear that, Capricorns!) (Yeah, you, with the goat ears!)

On a more depressing, sad, paranoid, typical Jones of the Nile note, here's a link to an article that says our world is quickly heading down the path of SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE. I can see the CEO of Ford right now thinking, "Bwahaha...7 billion people to drive our SUVs..."

No, seriously, it looks like we'll hit SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE (I feel the need to capitalize that it's so huge!) in 2012 - with the majority of the people being born in developing countries, according to the Population Reference Bureau (or as I refer to it, the PRB. But that's just because we're friendly).

Developing countries? Ohh, scratch that Ford CEO comment...now I see the CEO of Old Navy thinking, "Bwahaha...7 billion people to make 1% of the world's clothes..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home