Jones of the Nile

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Whoa, dolly

So it's Super Bowl Sunday, and I'm watching the Indianapolis Colts lead the Chicago Bears. I hope Chicago pulls this thing out, but I truthfully don't care. I'm more content feeding my dog Doritos.

After watching Prince do a mediocre halftime show, I got curious about who else has done halftime shows. Check these performers out. Most of the early Super Bowls (and really, most Super Bowls up until the late 1980s) had marching bands or Air Force Bands. But how about Super Bowl IV and Super Bowl VI?

Oh yeah. Carol Channing.

What's really funny is that sandwiched in between Carol Channing's outings is homosexual-hating Anita Bryant. Haha.

Other highlights include a 1991 performance with New Kids on the Block (which I sadly don't remember), a 1988 performance by Chubby Checker (who knew he was even still performing in 1988!), four separate performances of Up With People, and many others that you'll relish remembering, from Michael Jackson to Boyz II Men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home